0

What is love?

It's funny when all you see is his love,

And when he breaks your heart,

All you see is anguish given by him,

You curse him, giving yourself pain

You stop loving anyone, because of him,

My thought circle around this one thought,

Is this called love?


Betrayal, pain and deceit

Written in your broken heart,

Erasing every trace of love,

Happiness evanescent with the bitterness,

Faith and hope, no longer words believed in

Is this really what love can be?

I wonder even more...


And then I espy the one watching you,

He is near, yet too distant

He cares, yet fears your broken heart

He loves you, yet you are blinded

It was then, I realized


This one spark flickering,

In the stormy ocean of your pain

Never letting you go,

Hiding his pain, he soothes yours

Shedding invisible tears,

He has made you smile again


Surprised I am to find that

You haven't lost love,

You have gained courage to love again,

Eons can separate you from your happiness,

But he filled that gap for you

Within your bliss, with your smile

I know this is what you call Love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top