0

Two faces of my love

To not feel the pain in this numbness

To let the heart feel it was a tiny scratch

To make me forget your cold words

To start afresh as though nothing happened

I closed my eyes once in such hopes

But your face with such innocence is what I see


The hand that held me through dark nights,

Or the hand that let go through the perfect storm

The words that lit candles of hopes in this heart

Or those words that snuffed out each one you lit

You as my sun giving me warmth

Or as an eclipse that didn't fade away


Innocence portrayed on a deceitful face

The real you as I believed, lost in seconds

Your hearts two sides, one a complete stranger

With my love concealed in the depths

Your two faces I continue to hate and love....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top